Saturday, May 16, 2020

USA: Thana Alexa - ONA(2020)

 
 ONA is the musical expression of what being a woman means to me. It is my discovery of the wild woman spirit within me and the experiences I’ve encountered in setting her free. It celebrates the inspirational women in my life who have given me the confidence to realize my truth and express it freely. This music tells the story of what I’ve learned about the lives of women – starting with my own – our experiences, our emotions, our sexuality, our worth, our desire for freedom and our ability to overcome injustice by fighting for what we believe in. The life of a woman is a complex synergy of emotions – aspirations, joys, disappointments, challenges and triumphs. Being a woman is as joyous as it is difficult and has been for different reasons at various points in history. The difficulties I’ve faced in my life differ greatly from those that my mother and grandmother faced before me, but in facing the barriers that have historically blocked our paths, women have developed creative and unique ways to survive and evolve. Our evolution is proof that we cannot be stopped. We are like water… we always find our way.