Monday, March 16, 2020

ITALY: Paolo Bacchetta ‎– The Storytellers (AUAND 2020)


It was during a visit with my wife at Mart in Rovereto that I discovered Schiele and Austrian expressionism. Although many of the Austrian expressionists were part of the exhibition (together with Klimt), I was deeply impressed by Schiele's work and finally decided that I had to write something inspired by his story and production. Since I had to start a new year under Stefano Battaglia's direction in Siena, I thought that I couldn't have a better chance to test my ideas. I started collecting every type of material I could find about Schiele, and in a few weeks I wrote some of the music you can listen to on this CD. Despite all of the effort I put in it, I only managed to finish the whole job a year later. The music in the meantime changed, as did the group: new musicians gave my music a new and different life and it was thanks to them that I could bring the “Egon project” to a (hopefully) joyful end.

Paolo Bacchetta guitar
Piero Bittolo Bon alto sax, clarinets
Giacomo Papetti electric bass
Nelide Bandello drums