Tuesday, May 17, 2016

USA: John Klopotowski - Project 59 (2016)

John Klopotowski | Project 59
"Project 59" is my first recording as a leader and was done in August 2015 at Tedesco Studio in Paramus, NJ. I reunited with my old friend pianist Rave Tesar for the project, and the CD features Rave’s Trio with Kermit Driscoll on bass and Bill Tesar on drums as the rhythm section. We are also joined by another longtime close friend, Bob Keller on tenor saxophone.

The music consists of a typical jazz guitar recital or concert that I would perform if the opportunity were present. As this is my first recording as a leader, I drew on material related to key influences over my time as a student and player of jazz.

Project 59 has meant a great deal to me and has represented the opportunity to celebrate friendship, family, love, great art, excellence, hard work, and acceptance of ‘what is’! We offer our music to listeners with best wishes. Please enjoy!