Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meredith d'Ambrosio - By Myself (Sunnyside 2012)

"Through her interpretive artistry, Meredith uses the songs to tell a story that will touch any listener who has had been in love, yearned for love or lost love. She described the choice, preparation and performance of the album as “like magic, a spiritual thing.” Her husband, the pianist Eddie Higgins, died in 2009. Meredith and his friends called him by his given name, Haydn. When she recorded, he was a presence. 

“I started with ‘By Myself,’” she said, “because after Haydn was gone, that’s exactly what happened to me. And I closed with ‘Haunted Heart’ because he loved that song. He played it often. It’s what he chose to call one of his albums. That song made me cry.” 


Tracks:
1. By Myself
2. Through A Thousand Dreams
3. Once Upon A Long Ago
4. If There Is Someone Lovelier Than You
5. All Through The Night
6. High And Low
7. I Guess I'll Have To Change My Plan
8. You And The Night And The Music
9. Something To Remember You By
10. Dancing In The Dark
11. Then I'll Be Tired Of You
12. Why Go Anywhere At All?
13. I See Your Face Before Me
14. Haunted Heart
Sunnyside