Sunday, January 14, 2018

USA: John Maurer-Songs for My Son (2018)

John Maurer | Songs for My Son
Much love and sincere gratitude to everyone who performed, worked, composed, donated and supported this album. It is because of you that this dream of an album is now a reality. Special thanks to one person in particular: the love of my life, my best friend, my rock, my world, my reason, the mother to my son, the yin to my yang, my wife, Sarah. Thank you for always keeping me focused and always believing in me. I love you. 

Circled around each child's journey through life and a personal reflection of my own past, this album is a concept album with each track representing either a memory or a person, place or thing I've always held close to my heart. These descriptions are not always what the composer intended or even close to the meaning of the composition. These descriptions are what these pieces mean to me and mine alone...