Saturday, September 9, 2017

USA; Roxy Coss News

Kicking Off The School Year In Style
Smalls Jazz Club, Women In Jazz Organization, New Posi-Tone Recording Session

I hope this message finds you well, and that you had a great Labor Day weekend to wrap up a beautiful couple months of Summer! I had a peaceful and productive August, and am gearing up for an intense but exciting Fall season. I always like to think of September as a sort-of "New Year", in that it's "back-to-school" season, so here's to a great and bountiful new year ahead!

On September 18th, I'll be leading my band, the Roxy Coss Quintet, for a night at Smalls Jazz Club, playing music from "Chasing the Unicorn" as well as performing a batch of brand new original compositions that I'm getting ready to record later on in the month on the Posi-Tone Record Label.

Then, I'll be leading the third (ever!) monthly meeting for the Women In Jazz Organization I officially started up back in July. We have had a huge success so far, connecting around 200 professional women jazz musicians around NYC and the globe. I look forward to officially sharing some more information about this new endeavor soon, so stay tuned.

I'm also joining some bands led by fantastic musicians this month, including the Dan Pugach Nonet for a festival in Stowe, Vermont (Sept 8); Allegra Levy at Club Bonafide in NYC (Sept 15); and the Jason Yeager Group at The Cell Theater - part of the Inner Circle Music Festival (Sept 30).

By the way, have you heard my latest album, "Chasing the Unicorn" (Posi-Tone Records)? Downbeat says it "mixes musical sophistication and know-how with an inherent listenability". You can support the artist (me!) by ordering your signed copy NOW directly through my website, (with FREE shipping!)
Or you can download a digital copy from iTunes here.

Thank you for your ongoing support!
Sincerely,
Roxy