Tuesday, September 5, 2017

PORTUGAL: António Silva New album and concert at the Ethno Jazz Festival

“Up Lift”, my third record of original compositions is already available! You can hear “Bamse in the Coconut Island”, the first single, here:

This album is the result of my experiences living in FinlandSweden and Denmark and of course my Portuguese heritage. I recorded all this song in Denmark where I had the opportunity to play with amazing musicians:

António Silva (Portugal) – Guitar & Vocals.
Carolyn Goodwin (Ireland) – Sax, Clarinet &Vocals.
Frederik Hagner (Denmark) – Double Bass
Tobis Andeassen (Denmark) – Drums

Guests in “Bamse in the Coconut Island”:
Aaron Goldberg (USA) – Piano
Jesper Bodilsen (Denmark) – Double Bass

You can find all my albums at my website: https://www.antoniosilva.org

I'm very pleased to be playing many of this songs in Ethno Jazz Festival, the 23rd of September in Chisinau, Moldova: http://www.trigonjazz.com/f2017/
Me and Carolyn will be joined by two wonderful musicians from Sweden: Johnny Åman on the double bass and Anders Vestergård on the drums.
Also 4th of October in Portugal I'll be playing in Café Tati, Lisbon.

I hope you like the music.
Best regards, António Silva