Wednesday, April 19, 2017

UK: Patrick Lester-Rourke-Identity(2017)

The idea for IDENTITY was sparked when I first listened to the famous Jazz-Fusion album ‘Bitches Brew’. Its unique combination of Miles Davis’ musical interests (at the time) make it a fascinating re-imagining of his musical identity. ‘Bitches Brew’ made me realise the possibilities presented in Fusion and Aleatoric music, leading me to compose this album.

With IDENTITY I chose to reconcile my love of World, Rock, Jazz, Folk and Contemporary Classical music into a single entity. The result is a distillation of all the influences I have garnered throughout my life. And for the first time, I can say that the music on this album is truly representative of me.

The creation of IDENTITY has been a journey of self-discovery and a labor of love. I sincerely hope you enjoy listening to IDENTITY as much as I enjoyed making it.

With Love,
Patrick Lester-Rourke