Friday, December 16, 2016

UK: Jacqui Dankworth, Charlie Wood - Just You, Just Me (Perdido Records 2016)

Just You, Just Me, Jacqui Dankworth1. Autumn In New York
2. Two To Tango
3. Quiet Nights Of Quiet Stars
4. I'm Beginning To See The Light
5. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
6. Oh, Lady Be Good
7. Georgia On My Mind
8. Two Can Play
9. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby
10. I Will
11. It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
12. You've Got A Friend
13. The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

One of the UK’s outstanding jazz singers Jacqui Dankworth is joined by her husband, acclaimed American pianist and singer-songwriter, Charlie Wood, for an album of duet arrangements celebrating a century of great musical partnerships, such as Ray Charles and Betty Carter, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, James Taylor and Carole King.