Thursday, September 1, 2016

USA: Julian Yeo - Another Season (2016)

Julian Yeo | Another Season

01. Lullaby Of Birdland (1:56)
02. How High The Moon (2:51)
03. The Summer Wind (3:02)
04. Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea (2:23)
05. I Can’t Give You Anything But Love (3:10)
06. A Fine Romance (3:20)
07. East Of The Sun (And West Of The Moon) (2:18)
08. All The Things You Are (2:22)
09. Makin’ Whoopee (3:16)
10. Polka Dots And Moonbeams (3:33)
11. Emily (2:31)
12. You’d Be So Nice To Come Home To (2:35)
13. Misty (4:02)
14. What Is This Thing Called Love (3:01)
15. S’wonderful (2:36)
nother Season, Another Reason to Record Another Album

With each season's passing, I seem to gain a slightly different perspective and interpretation of the songs that I love to sing.

So, a few years after I released "You and the Night; Night and the Music", I went back to the recording studio. The first thing I did was to look into the vault of previously unreleased tracks that I had recorded with the band. These tracks were not included in my prior albums for various reasons, mostly because they did not fit in with the overall vibe. With the help of modern technology, I was able to re-record the vocals. With a tad more mature tone, some of these songs seem more convincing when I sing it at a later stage of my life.

I also couldn't wait to record new materials with a live band. So, I summoned guitarist Tony Romano (sometimes joined by bassist Haeng Seol) to lay down more tracks, adding songs that would round up the album with a more intimate introspective vibe, reimagining jazz standards from the 20s to 50s in a chill coffee shop. I sincerely hope you enjoy “Another Season”.

Julian