Monday, December 21, 2015

GREECE: KICKSTARTER: Jazz Bassist Yiorgos Kostopoulos presents his 1st album, blending jazz with psychedelic rock & electric influences.


Last Trip to the Moon is my first solo album.
I  started to compose the first compositions while I was still living in Athens,GR in 2007 and the first presentation of the project took place in 2009.
After I moved to New York City in 2011 , I started to compose ''Amorgos'' & ''Colors''.
Music/Instrumetation
The album includes 7 original compositions with different instrumentation including piano & bass ,quartet and sextet arrangements.
The Members of the Band:
  • Dimitris Tsakas/Alto&Soprano Sax
  • Philippos Pappas/Tenos Sax 
  • Yiannis Papadopoulos-Piano
  • Thodoris Kotsifas/Guitar
  • Yiorgos Kostopoulos/Bass
  • Vasilis Podaras-Drums
Recorded Live in Sierra Studios in Athens,Greece in September 2014
KICKSTARTER