Sunday, June 1, 2014

NY Jazz guitarist Michael Valeanu's Next Album


A new album from one of the rising voices on Jazz guitar.

A letter to you :

My name is Michael Valeanu and I'm a NY based Jazz guitarist, born in Paris France. For my Kickstarter project I am asking  you to help me fund the creation of my next album. For this new project I wrote music that encompasses many of my influences and that reflects who I am as a musician today. My goal is to raise 5000$ to produce the CD and release it in January 2015. Making an album is a long process and a meticulous task that involves not only artists, but also studios, engineers, managers...etc. All those people need to be coordinated and each step of this process needs to be addressed with the same attention.

Step 1 : Musicians, Rehearsals and Recording

For this new album the band will feature Jake Sherman on Organ, Jake Goldbas on the drums and Jazz vocalist rising star Cyrille Aimée as a special guest. First we'll need to spend time in a studio to learn and refine the music. Then we'll need to spend another day or two in a recording studio where an engineer will be working with us.
In order to rehearse and record the music properly I would need 3000$.  

Step 2 : Mixing, Mastering and Printing the Album

Mixing and mastering are crucial steps in creating an album because they give the final shape to its sound. The mixing engineer balances each instrument and makes sure their tone are rendered in the most beautiful way. The mastering engineer comes eventually to round-off the mixing engineer's work and makes the music sound the way you'll hear it through your speakers or headphones.
To mix and master this album I will need 1000$
The remaining 1000 $ will be spent in creating a design for the cover and to print the first hard-copies of this CD.
By pledging to my Kickstarter  you'll be one of the producers of this new album and a major help in going through all these steps.
Thank you,
Michael Valeanu.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1968153337/ny-jazz-guitarist-michael-valeanus-next-album