Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ana Maria Galea Quartet - I Know You By Heart (feat. Daniel Csikos, Michael Acker and Tavi Scurtu) (2014)

Ana Maria Galea Quartet: I Know You By Heart (feat. Daniel Csikos, Michael Acker and Tavi Scurtu)

Acest album este dedicat întâlnirilor bune. În urmă cu şapte ani, pe terasa de la Clubul Green Hours spuneam că în artă, ca şi în viaţă trebuie să ai întâlniri bune. Sunt binecuvântată! Fiecare muzician cu care cânt sau pe care îl ascult îmi oferă cele mai frumoase daruri ale sunetului. Fericirea pentru mine înseamnă să învăţ în fiecare moment, să ascult! Şase ore. Treisuteşaizeci de minute. Atât au durat înregistrările din data de 23 ianuarie 2014. Când am intrat în studio nici măcar nu era clar ce va urma să înregistrăm. Suntem prieteni şi cred că asta e cel mai important. Am avut încredere unul în celălalt până la capăt. Asta a fost. Am fost exact aşa cum suntem: no make-up, and nothing fake! Mulţumesc Dani, mulţumesc Tavi, mulţumesc Michael şi Tibi. Ana Maria Galea
Share

This album is dedicated to special gatherings. 7 years ago, on the patio at Green Hours, I was saying that in art, as in life, you must have special gatherings. I am blessed! Every musician that I am singing with or I get to listen to, gives me the most wonderful offerings of sounds. Happiness for me means learning every time, listening! Six hours, three hundred and sixty minutes. This is how long it lasted to do the recordings on the 23-rd of January 2014. When I entered the studio there was no clear idea of what would be recorded. We are friends and I think that is the most important factor. We have trusted each other till the end of the session. That was it. We were just as we are: no makeup and nothing fake! Thank you Dani, thank you Tavi, thank you Michael and Tibi.Ana Maria Galea

Ana Maria Galea – vocals
Daniel Csikos - piano
Michael Acker – double bass
Tavi Scurtu – drums

http://www.anagalea.com/#!ana-maria-galea-quartet/ctgv